Today was a good day. I sat outside reading in the sunlight, I rode my bike, I felt freer, I could feel little fragments of my soul returning to me as the wind caressed my skin, the worry and superficial expectations of the world and people around me were left unconscious and deceased on the blazing bath I so enthusiastically left behind me. But this might just be me over-analysing the never ending beauty and wonder of nature.
Alright, there's my lovely optimistic and uplifting spiel for the day,
Poems seem to be my thing right now, whilst sitting in the sunlight today another poem came to mind, and being the pathetic nerd that I am I eagerly wrote it down, here it is;
Lets play a game,
Pretend, for me;
For old times sake, my love?
Pretend that I'm beautiful,
Pretend that you love me,
Pretend that I can sustain you,
That I'm all you need,
Because you're all that I need,
Just pretending, of course,
Become my air, become my sunlight,
Become the center of my world,
Be my all.
End this game, stop pretending,
No more air, no more sun,
Pretend once more for me?
Pretend to care as you watch me suffocate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I like your poetry. It taps into some emotional energy pool ...
Writing poetry is one of my favourite things to do. It helps things, eventually ...
But I don't get it - there was SUNLIGHT today? Oh wait - maybe there was in the morning. But I wasn't outside until 11 :(
It hailed today. Watching hail is fun.
If only I could leave behind the expectations of everyone behind ... but I can't. It's forced upon me ...
Post a Comment