Okay, so English is TOTALLY my thing. I'm good at it, I can do it (don't ask me about any of my other lessons though). I just love being able to articulate what I'm feeling with ease, it's great, and as nerdy as it makes me you wouldn't be able to make me give up books or articulation for anything in the world.
My favourite word right now happens to be 'cogent' (coh-gent), it means to think logically or intelligently, it's pretty and I like it.
As we've probably established, my blogs aren't full of a whole lot of meaning, just my thoughts put down onto an anonymous web page, so apologies if you were expecting something amazing and analytical.
I was thinking today, why is it that 'alternative' or 'different', or even perhaps a more common term; 'faggy' artists, such as Marilyn Manson have such wondrously insightful comments on our culture, and pop artists who are 'OmGzZ, LyK sOh h0T!!1!!one!!!' really don't have anything to say except for "yeah, it's always been about the music for me, [the mindless repetitive crap that's played until it's as dead as our cultures overall sense of conservation] I just love to make the music."
Whereas someone like Manson would say; "Anybody intelligent enough to realize what America is, is not going to sit around and do nothing about it. They're going to be the same way that I am. They're going to be the same way our fans are. They're going to be pissed."
I just fail to see how Manson is the one frowned on, but this quote (ironically from Manson) probably sums up the material reason here; “People tend to associate anyone who looks and behaves differently with illegal or immoral activity.”
Please remember that this is just my personal opinion, and that I'm not trying to change yours, just put my own personal thoughts out into this vast cyber web of shadows and anonymity.
So, to finish this up, I'm going write down another one of my spontaneous poems, hopefully enjoy, if not thanks for reading anyway:
The tears are streaming down my face,
This history I can't erase,
Unwanted, hurt and scarred severely,
I wish so much that you would hear me.
The rain it rattles on my window,
All I have is hope that you know,
I love you now,
I loved you then,
I'll love you 'til you're back again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment